CAPITAL CITY CONDORS HOCKEY
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
***This waiver must be carefully reviewed and signed by or on behalf of Participants who plan to participate in any Capital City Condors Hockey (“CCCH”) activity, including but not limited to, on-ice hockey activities, attending CCCH practices/games, entering any player dressing room, or otherwise attending any CCCH event in general. For the purposes of this waiver, the term “Participant” includes all players, parents of players, guardians of players, coaches, volunteers, staff, executives, and board members. The failure of a Participant (or Participant’s parent/legal guardian) to review and sign this waiver shall preclude such Participant from participating in any CCCH activity.***
CCCH is committed to complying with the requirements and recommendations of national, provincial and local public health and other governmental authorities, and to put in place and adopt all necessary measures to that effect. However, CCCH cannot guarantee that Participants who participate in CCCH activities will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending CCCH activities could increase a Participant’s risk of contracting COVID-19, despite all preventative measures put in place.
Therefore, by signing this document, I, the named Participant, or the parent/legal guardian of the named Participant, hereby acknowledge and declare as follows:
1) I am aware of the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and I voluntarily assume the risk that Participant could be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participating in CCCH activities. In this respect, I clearly understand that being exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may lead to serious injuries, diseases or other illnesses, and potentially even death.
2) Participant is participating voluntarily in CCCH activities.
3) Neither Participant nor anyone in Participant’s household(s) will attend CCCH activities of any kind if we have experienced cold or flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing) in the preceding 14 days.
4) If Participant or anyone in Participant’s household(s) experiences any cold or flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing) after submitting this declaration, Participant will not attend any CCCH activity until at least 14 days have passed since those symptoms were last experienced.
5) Neither Participant nor any member of Participant’s household has travelled to or had a lay-over in any country outside Canada in the past 14 days. If Participant or anyone in Participant’s household travels outside Canada after submitting this declaration, Participant will not attend any CCCH activity until at least 14 days have passed since the date of return.
6) Participant will follow all requirements and recommendations of national, provincial and local public health and other governmental authorities, as well as those special safety measures put in place from time to time by CCCH as it pertains to the COVID-19 Coronavirus, and to adopt all necessary measures to those effects. The continued ability of CCCH to carry out its activities is dependent upon all Participants following these guidelines and I acknowledge that any breach by named Participant of these guidelines will allow CCCH, at its sole discretion, to deny Participant’s further participation in any CCCH activity.
7) I understand that national, provincial and local health authorities have recommended that all Canadian citizens who are eligible to receive a vaccine be fully vaccinated, unless they have a valid health reason for not being vaccinated. I therefore understand and agree that CCCH may, at its sole discretion, preclude or limit Participant’s participation in any or all CCCH activities if Participant is not fully vaccinated, should CCCH determine that such action would be appropriate for the health or safety of other Participants, particularly given the heightened susceptibility of some CCCH players to serious Covid-19 symptoms and outcomes.
8) I understand and agree that, by filling out and signing this waiver and agreeing to the terms and conditions set out herein, I am waiving any and all legal rights that Participant may potentially have otherwise had to sue CCCH and its officers and directors in the event that Participant contracts the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
This waiver will remain in effect until CCCH, as per the direction of national, provincial and local government and health officials, determines that the acknowledgments and declarations in this waiver are no longer required.
This document is in addition to and does not replace all other CCCH waivers.